Unleash Your Productivity Superpower
As a college coach, admissions counselor, administrator, high school coach, or whatever it is you do that brought you to this newsletter, being productive and efficient with your time is crucial to achieving your goals and helping prospective students achieve theirs.
I was on a campus in Pennsylvania last week working with an admissions and marketing department and we got to talking about how to manage time better with all of the work that has to be done.
One big takeaway for the VP was the concept “Magic Time.”
For those of you not familiar with the concept, Magic Time is that glorious period of your day when you’re firing on all cylinders.
It’s a 2-3 hour block during the day when you are 5-10 times more focused, energetic, motivated, and productive than any other time. You also have the fewest amount of distractions.
During this special window, you can accomplish important tasks that might otherwise take twice as long at other times of day.
I believe that a simple way to achieve your goals faster is to be intentional about working on vital tasks that will help you reach your goals during your magic time.
I’d say, most don’t do this.
Most people use their email as their to-do list and just do random things all day.
Today, we’ll explore what Magic Time is, how to identify it, and ways to harness this supercharged productivity period.
Identifying Your Magic Time
Discovering your Magic Time requires some self-awareness and experimentation. Here’s how to do it:
- Track Your Energy Levels: For a week, take note of your energy levels throughout the day. When do you feel most alert and focused? When do you feel sluggish or easily distracted?
- Analyze Past Productivity: Reflect on your most productive days. Were there specific hours when you accomplished the most? This could be a clue to your Magic Time.
- Listen to Your Body: Pay attention to your body’s natural rhythms. For most, Magic Time tends to occur in the morning or after a short afternoon break.
Hacking Your Magic Time
Once you’ve pinpointed your Magic Time, the key is to maximize its potential. Here are some strategies:
- Prioritize Your Most Important Tasks: Reserve your most critical and challenging tasks for your Magic Time. You’ll tackle them with ease and precision.
- Minimize Distractions: Clear your workspace of distractions, turn off notifications, and let others know that you’re unavailable during this period.
- Time Blocking: Schedule your Magic Time on your calendar as you would any other appointment. Guard it fiercely.
- Hydration and Nutrition: Stay hydrated and have a light, energy-boosting snack before your Magic Time to ensure you’re physically prepared.
- Mental Warm-Up: Spend a few minutes before your Magic Time doing a quick mental warm-up—meditation, deep breathing, or a short walk can help you focus.
Why Magic Time Works
This phenomenon occurs because our circadian rhythms, energy levels, and motivation naturally ebb and flow throughout the day. Magic Time taps into your peak performance period, allowing you to work smarter, not harder.
Magic Time is the secret weapon of highly productive individuals. By identifying your unique Magic Time and optimizing your routine around it, you can harness unparalleled focus, energy, and motivation.
It’s not about working longer; it’s about working smarter during those precious hours.
Have a great week!
To your success,
Recruiting Made Simple
This month in Recruiting Made Simple we will be going over How to get recruits to un-ghost you! To get the recording and all of the best practices, processes, and templates I provided, click the image to join. You will not only get access to the un-ghosting stuff we do this month, but you will get 6 months worth of recruiting emails, templates, interviews, and processes to make your recruiting easier.