Not Making Progress Towards Your #1 goal this year, Do This
If you’re not happy with your progress so far in 2023…
If you’re frustrated because you’re not getting any closer to your big goals…
My guess is that you are trying to do too much.
You need to hear this advice from one of my mentors, the founder of Early to Rise, Mark Ford.
He calls it:
The Power of Just ONE Thing
“The secret to success,” Mark says, “is establishing a singular goal in life and adhering to a hyper-focused routine.”
“That means giving up – at least until that primary goal is achieved – all other goals and ambitions.”
“Putting the immense power of singularity towards radically changing some important aspect of your life – your career, your health, your wealth, your social life, or your personal life is KEY.”
Mark shared the following 9 steps for you to harness the Power of the One Thing:
- Make a list of 20 aspirations.
- Narrow that list to 10. Consciously and purposefully, let go of the other 10.
- Narrow the list of 10 to 3. Consciously and purposefully, let go of the other 7.
- Narrow the list of 3 to 1. Consciously and purposefully, let go of the other 2.
- Confirm, in some formal way, your one and only goal. Let the people you care about know that, until you achieve this goal, it will be your top priority.
- Create a multi-year plan to achieve it.
- Break that plan into one-year goals. Then into monthly goals. Then weekly goals. And, finally, into daily tasks.
- Spend the first hour of every day – and 80% of your spare time – pursuing that one objective.
- Do your best, with the 20%, to keep everything else you value from falling apart.
These 9 steps are literally a blueprint to accomplish anything you want in life.
When you execute on each one of them, your chance of reaching your goal improves drastically. Even if you fall short, you’re almost sure to achieve amazing results.
Try it and let me know what you come up with. I’d love to hop on a call to review what you come up with.
To your success,
Recruiting Made Simple
This month in Recruiting Made Simple we will be going over How to get recruits to un-ghost you! To get the recording and all of the best practices, processes, and templates I provided, click the image to join. You will not only get access to the un-ghosting stuff we do this month, but you will get 6 months worth of recruiting emails, templates, interviews, and processes to make your recruiting easier.